Thursday, January 15, 2009

We’re off of school both today and tomorrow. Well, “we’re” means M and the boys, although I could take off as well. I’m way ahead of the curve as far as planning is concerned, but I still want to go into the office tomorrow and wrap up a few things so I can get to lesson planning Monday and extend my prep advantage.

So what did I do today? I was up way early, like, 3AM early, but I had fallen asleep by seven last night so I didn’t feel too tired. I thought of watching a film but decided to answer email and the like instead. Oh, I keep forgetting I have to work Saturday morning, by the way. No big deal. Anyway, M and T went shopping by nine so I hung out with S and N. We cooked, watched tv, and built castles with rows of toilet paper. Although the house was clean this morning now, well, the space looks as if people, you know, lived in it today. After lunch and M and T’s return I hit the Y, where I did 30 minutes on the elliptical, lifted weights, and knocked out two miles on the treadmill while listening to the “Doubt” episode of Speaking of Faith and some of Robert Rich’s ambient material. Later I took a shower, read the first couple chapters of Revolutionary Road, and hung out with the boys. We heard late in the afternoon that school is canceled tomorrow as well. I’ll still work out in the morning and head into work. I hope the Saturn starts.

Good night. Stay warm, part 2.

No comments: