Sunday, January 11, 2009

I have maybe thirty, forty-five minutes before I head to N’s birthday party, so I thought I’d write while I stay very still on the couch. The last approximately twenty hours have sucked. I was so tired last night and felt what I would call stomach flu except I only felt searing pain in my stomach and I’m not sure that counts as stomach flu. I slept from six until about one, woke, cruised the net and watched “30 Rock” online. Yay Salma Hayek. By 3AM I was able to fall back asleep, slept fitfully until seven, and hung out for a while on the couch, reading the paper. A little after nine I climbed on the elliptical and knocked out forty-five minutes while watching CNN and Sportscenter. At the forty-six minute mark one of the elliptical’s pedal welds split. Well, at least we’re YMCA members now. I threw on a different shirt, drove to the Y, and ran three miles in thirty minutes while listening to Budd/Guthrie. My stomach hurt like fuck but I didn’t work out yesterday and wanted to sweat. Afterward I did chest weights and drove home. After lunch I finished lifting weights and crunches (kind of stupid, trying crunches today) and settled in on the couch.

This week we’re headed for some of the coldest temps in fifteen years. Bad timing on the elliptical as far as that’s concerned. Tonight I’ll take some pics and send them to the warranty/repair guy. My discipline will need to be tight this week. T wants to borrow the comp…more later. Stay warm.

No comments: