Friday, January 30, 2009

I took today totally off from work. Well, not totally, I answered some email, but close to totally. Man, I had no idea how much I needed a day off until I crashed on the couch this morning and realized I wasn’t…going…to…get…anything…done. So what did I do? Let me start at the beginning. I woke near 3:30, caught up on GR, and answered a few messages. N woke near four-fifty, just as I was leaving for the Y, but I didn’t want to leave him alone or wake M so I did thirty minutes on the home elliptical (thank God it’s fixed) and waited until close to six to leave for basketball. Ross, one of S’s friend’s dads, showed up this morning. He did a good job. After an hour of hoops I lifted and hustled home to see the boys before school. I had planned on heading out to the office but my fatigue left me on the couch for the morning. Man, I was tired. I was wrenched myself off from between the cushions near ten and hit Blockbuster and Costco. Today was cold, in the teens, and I couldn’t wait to get home. After lunch I watched Vicky Christina Barcelona, which I enjoyed immensely, then cleaned the first floor while listening to the movie’s soundtrack and the new Beirut. On a whim I drove downtown to the little flower shop and bought a bunch of daffodils. Tonight I might curl up with a book and get to sleep early. Or maybe I’ll have some coffee and wait for T to get home from a friend’s at ten. This weekend should be warmer. Maybe I’ll hit work Sunday morning. Maybe I’ll write letters and work on poetry. We’ll see.

I’m still calm and happy. I feel pretty good. Stay warm.

No comments: