Sunday, January 18, 2009

I’m sitting under the hanging office plant catching up on the journal, etc. S and I were watching the Eagles/Cardinals game but he and N started wrestling so I bailed. Later, after dinner, I’ll probably drive down to work for a few quiet evening office hours. I would go tomorrow but even though the U is closed I imagine the floor will be busy, and I need a couple of hours without people stopping by and saying “hey, how’s it going?” every ten minutes. Tuesday will be busy with the students back in the halls, and I want to give them my full attention, so tonight I’ll try to get a few things ready for later in the week then work at home tomorrow.

Last night I fell asleep early then woke around midnight. What did I do in the middle of the night? I can hardly remember. I tried to watch Scrubs but I wasn’t into it. I read a little. I caught up online. By three I was back asleep by the alarm rang at 5:15. Apparently yesterday the boys, while playing with their cousins, activated the alarm and stuck the alarm clock in a cup. In turn I crawled around the guest bedroom floor, searching for the ringing monstrosity, just after five. I’m sure I looked quite dignified. Somehow I got back to sleep for the third time and woke at 7:30. My throat hurt, and I thought of skipping the Y, but I drove over near ten and managed sixty minutes on the elliptical along with full weights and abs. Not bad. The early afternoon passed with laundry and newspapers. Pretty good day.

The desire to write poetry has returned. Maybe tomorrow I can sit in the library corner and get down some words. We’ll see. If I can get home by 9, 9:30 tonight I should still get to the Y by 5. Tomorrow is a short workout session, only a bit more than an hour, then the rest of the day should be free. I can knock out some paperwork in the morning then spend the afternoon on my own. Not bad. Good night.

No comments: