Thursday, January 29, 2009

Dang, I’m tired. Winter is bearing down on everyone in Wisconsin, I guess, and everyday seems equally cold. Rumor has it this weekend will be warmer. We’ll see.

This morning I did an hour on the elliptical (5:30 to 6:30) then drove to work. Preston and I talked for a while before I met with two students about activities planning. Then I taught for three hours, scarfed lunched, and taught for three more hours. No wonder my office is dirty. I stopped briefly at Borders to check out DH Lawrence editions and although they looked good I didn’t buy one. I didn’t want to impulse buy after a long day. Bad habit. A copy should arrive from the inter-library loan system (isn’t it weird that my library doesn’t have one in their own collection?) by Monday. I’ll need a couple days on The Soul Thief, anyway, and I’ve got a couple other books on deck. After Borders I picked T up from tech club. I inhaled pizza and beans/rice for dinner, kicked the boys upstairs, and turned on the television. This weekend will be the first open weekend in memory. I’m looking forward to reading, sleeping, and staying inside. Don’t bother me.

1 comment:

Mrs. Nolte said...

Reading, sleeping, and staying inside sounds nice. The good part about this time of year is things are so busy time flies by. I love that.

Sounds like you're well. I'm glad.