Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sunday morning, 10:58AM, I’m feeling sort of blah. Maybe I’m sitting around too much on break. I don’t know.

Last night M and I saw “Juno.” I liked the movie quite a bit, and I had sky high expectations, so kudos to the filmmakers. I wouldn’t mind seeing it again on video. The movie apparently garnered some criticism for promoting teen pregnancy. What the hell is that? Did the critics actually see the movie? I can name at least three incidents when the movie went out of its way to frame teen pregnancy in a negative light. Morons.

After the movie M and I hit Jalisco’s in Cedarburg for Mexican food. The restaurant was Saturday-night crowded but I conned the waitresses into cleaning up a booth instead of sticking us at a table. I was extra-nice afterwards so hopefully no one spit in our food. Plus I left a five dollar tip. Anyway, M had a sort of gross looking steak salad but I had a decent gordita and something that started with a Z that was kind of like a torta. We had fun. Some guy with the worst mullet ever ate at the table next to us. Welcome to Wisconsin. He had a mustache, too.

After we arrived home the boys were wired, from playing dart-guns with the babysitter, but S and I still fell asleep in the big room fairly quickly. I don’t feel quite rested. I’m not sure why.

This morning I drove to Kohls and picked up a few things from their clearance sale. The old Kohls is closing and clearing out all the clothes they don’t want to move to the new store. I picked up a set of Guinness (like the beer) flip flops for a buck fifty, a black t-shirt for 5 bucks, and ear warmers for five bucks. Not bad. Later I worked out while watching the painful “Phyllis Wedding” episode of “The Office.” The boys are just hanging out, looking bored, so I’m thinking of taking T and maybe N to Whole Foods.

I’m also jonesing for some serious bakery. Back in Chicago, where I grew up, we had real bakeries, the kind run by fat Polish women with entire glass cases full of cakes and other desserts. Where could I find a real bakery? Does everyone just buy their cakes from supermarkets now? They had good bakeries in Assisi, but I suppose those were more for the tourists then the locals. I don’t know. I need to find a bakery.

23 hours off of work email. I’m staying strong. More later.

No comments: