Monday, March 03, 2008

I’m off in the corner, in the rocking chair, Monday afternoon. The sun is out, at least, a welcome respite after the weather people predicted crappy weather. One of the neighbor is girls is over, whining about how none of the boys want to play what she wants to play. Toughen up, girl.

Today was a good day. I woke near seven and hung out with the boys until they left for school. I paid particular attention to making sure the boys were ready for school early. I hate when they’re rushing around at the last minute. After the house quieted down I answered some email and listened to Eno’s instrumental boxed set. My juices weren’t flowing, as far as writing was concerned, so after a while I worked out to “The Office” (the pretzel day episode) and took a shower. Once Maura, N, and his friend Jessica arrived home I hit the coffee shop. My iced tea was fine, much better than last time, but the weird light rendered my computer screen difficult to read. I couldn’t find the mouse for shit. I gave up and visited the supermarket. On a lark I picked up Maura Hawaiian pizza and snagged a Gino’s for myself. Maura said she was tired and not feeling well so I thought I’d keep her from cooking tonight. We watched an episode of “House” while N played on the computer before I picked up the boys and the neighbor girl from school.

I’d like to get to sleep early tonight so I can hit the ground running tomorrow. If I stay focused through a 7AM to 7PM day I should be able to take Wednesday easy and finish an article or two.

James or Sean, I think I forgot to put a letter in one of your packages. My apologies. Let me know who I missed and I’ll send it on its way.

2 comments:

hundeschlitten said...

If you mean the letter that features "Best of Death" that came with the "Stars of the Lid" cds, I got it.

hundeschlitten said...

I just got your March package, so you can ignore the earlier note, and it contained both a first rate letter and a couple of CDs.

And I recommend Dubuque, in case you are still debating the issue. I think you have sussed out most of the highlights in the vicinity. Let me just add that Dubuque is built on a hill overlooking the Mississippi, and at least the old parts of it have lots of character.