Sunday, March 02, 2008

I’m slightly wired and probably should leap out of bed, drive to the theatre, and check out “Juno.” I never go anywhere after 9:00PM. I hear there’s a whole world out there after dark! Is it true?

Actually, today was a pretty good day. This morning I woke a four, sent some messages then fell back asleep until eight. I ate breakfast and cleaned the first floor until taking a shower and heading to church with the boys. Rather than attend the service (something about homosexuality in the Bible…remember, folks, I’m a Unitarian Univeralist, so this was the liberal argument) I hit in the coat room with “Kitchen Confidential.” I’ve been reading in coat rooms all my life. The trick is to find a comfortable chair, but you know, coatrooms often double as chair storage, so you should be good to go. After the service T and N rode home with me. I played some music (Feist, Mountain Goats, DBT) while cleaning and grading papers. Yes, I know I said I was going to stay away from work this weekend but I lied. I seriously had nothing else to do but read and maybe watch television but I was in the mood for neither. Ok, I could have found something else to do, of course, like a week’s worth of laundry piling up on the hallway floor or the reorganization of the upstairs closets but…nah. Instead I graded papers while the boys played with friends. Later Cleo sat on my lap while I caught some basketball and the underrated deleted scenes from the third season of “The Office.” Poor Cleo. She’s starting to fade. I love that cat.

I was restless after grading so I ran to Walgreens for drugs. N was whiny all day. I think his health is getting to him. He tries to be a good kid. All three played too many video games and ate too many girl scout cookies this weekend. Curiously, they didn’t watch too much television. I kicked everyone off of the electronics at 5. During dinner I had to lean on N for arguing back too much but he’s improving. T and I hit Target. I could tell he was bored at home and I wanted to scope out mp3 player adaptable boomboxes for the kitchen. We were unsuccessful in our quest but T picked up a cheap chess set. Our pieces were spread all over the house and he needed new ones. The streets were deserted. I have this reoccurring dream about dying in a car crash on a strip mall road with lots of streetlights during winter. You read it here first, ladies and gentlemen. RA predicts his own death.

I missed T a lot last night. He was at a friend’s for a sleepover. He’s a good kid, too.

Ok, tomorrow is wide open. I didn’t work out today. Maybe I should go down and hit the elliptical. Good night.

1 comment:

hundeschlitten said...

I never know when, in the midst of a dumdrum description about your trip to the store, you are all of a sudden going to drop a bombshell, like the recurring dream you keep having that forecasts your own death.