Saturday, March 15, 2008

I have not checked my work email for three hours. Six days and 21 hours to go.

The last few days have been fine. I’m slowly easing into spring break mode. After an exhausting, running on fumes Thursday I collapsed by eight. Yesterday morning I sent out CDs and hit Costco. In the afternoon I had to make an unscheduled visit to the office. A student who f—ked up needed some counseling. I was harder on her than usual, but I think she needed to hear a somewhat harsh message. I stopped at Borders, but I didn’t see anything worth buying, so I skipped the purchase and arrived home early. Last night the M and the boys attended movie night at the kids’ school while I stayed home, read, and fell asleep early again. Twelve hours later I woke. Yes, I’m definitely getting into vacation mode.

Shadow appears to be slightly better but still somewhat lethargic. Maybe she and I will go walking tomorrow.

I’m starting to work through some poems but the hours are passing quicker than I would like. In an hour a babysitter arrives and we leave for “Juno.” Maybe I’ll stay up late tonight.

No comments: