Sunday, September 07, 2008

Why good morning, everyone! I’m on the front porch, watching Jim across the street install new windows and catching up on email. M and T are leaving for the store soon. S and N are watching television after playing with clay Maura created (made? cooked?) on the stove. S is attending a birthday party in a few hours. I’m going to watch football and read. Maybe I’ll make enchiladas later. At the farmers market I found some good looking poblano (sp?) peppers that’ll work well.

So what did I do yesterday? Let me think. Ok, still nothing. Let me think harder. Oh, that’s right…I recovered from T’s birthday sleepover. Three of T’s friends slept over Friday night. Oh my god, the energy of three additional fourth graders in the house could have powered the state. Those boys were wired. Apparently they stayed up until 11:30 playing truth or dare. Whatever works. Anyway, I hit the farmers market in the morning after picking up some Starbucks tea (gift card almost gone, will return to Smiths Bros. soon). In addition to the usual (e.g. string cheese) I picked up the aforementioned peppers and some eggplant. After the sleepover boys left I worked out to Samantha Brown (the Brooklyn episode) and half-cleaned the house. I more or less crashed through the afternoon…not sure where the hours went. Oh, I cut and washed basil for freezing (hope that works) and made blue cheese potato salad (very good, if I may say so) and worked out a second time (Samantha Brown again, the Cape Cod episode). T wanted to spend some of his birthday cash so on a lark we hit Best Buy, Target, then Best Buy again. He’s torn between MarioCart and some computer game called “Settlers” but I think he’s leaning towards the latter. We had fun driving from store to store. Sometimes I think we chat more shopping than anywhere else. Later we watched Sheets blank the Padres (close one!). Once the boys were in bed I read Russo until falling asleep before ten. Rock and roll.

My shoulder hurts a bit but I lifted this morning anyway. M watched Veronica Mars while she worked out…I think she’s hooked. More later…beautiful Sunday on tap.

No comments: