Sunday, September 21, 2008

I’m on the front porch, a little after 8, the skies grey and cloudy but no rain forecast. When will fall arrive? I want autumn. Enough of this 70 degrees crap. The boys should be asleep. They’re wired, in part because the older two watched the first quarter of the Pack/Cowboys game with me. By the way, if the Cowboys win I’ve pretty much got the football pool locked for the week. Go ‘Boys!

Today was ok. I felt like I was ragging at the kids for the 4,000 stupid little things they did, whether they were grabbing handfuls of cereal straight from the box or fighting on the porch when I was trying to work out. Frustrating. M was at her classroom most of the morning, getting ready for the week, while the boys and I hung out at home. Later T and I hit the library, where I picked up and read Thurber’s excellent “13 Clocks”. Later I made dinner (some new funky pasta) and walked to the secret spot with Shadow while T skateboarded next to me. That was fun. I thought I was kind of wired myself but I’m feeling some pleasant exhaustion headed my way. Good night.

No comments: