Monday, September 22, 2008

I’m marooned on the bed in the upstairs bedroom. M and T are out somewhere, S and N are playing downstairs. My back hurts like a motherfucker. This afternoon the shaky elliptical (I had a feeling something was wrong with the device) jumped its belt momentarily and eliminated all resistance. In turn I jerked my back somehow and it hurts worse than ever. Shitters. I thought about going for a run tonight but I think I’ll skip. I usually prefer the elliptical instead of running, because of the knee factor, but I’m curious as to how running might feel now that I’m down close to thirty pounds. Maybe I’ll find out tomorrow. I’m worried because I don’t want to lose too much of my health rhythm. Plus if I don’t work out in the morning I’ll bounce off the walls.

Today was decent if uneventful. The floor was more or less deserted this morning so, except for a group of students pissed about an instructor, a meeting with a student and instructor about absences, and an interview with a cool new student (I lent her my Redon book, she better bring it back) the office was mine. By noon I had taken care of a slew of small tasks and prepared for Thursday’s class. By one I was cashed so I left, stopped at Costco, and worked out until the aforementioned back issue.

More later. I was thinking before that over the last few years I’ve had more than my share of days when I crawled into bed at 7PM. Tonight’s a bit of a rarity. I hope that’s a sign of health. Good night.

No comments: