Wednesday, September 03, 2008

I’m on the front porch, twenty to seven, kind of worn out. The last few days were hot, around ninety, but today was blissfully cool, not above seventy. The boys are upstairs, although N is about to burp in my face. Hold on.

Ok, he’s done.

So I was up in the middle of the night again, this time from midnight to about three. I think my sinuses plus the stress of the lack of routine got to me. Luckily I fell back asleep from 4 until about 7. Now that N’s in school full-time, starting tomorrow, I’m hoping I can catch up on prep and maintain a routine that allows me to do my job. Today N was home because Port sends half the K kids the first day and half the second. N went yesterday (I guess he did a good job) so today he was home. M had to work, of course, so he and I hung out. We were both exhausted, he from school, I from my sinuses and the like, so we took today easy. After working out (watched the very bad new 90210 episode) and showering I gathered N up and we hit Costco. He wore S’s crocs, much too large, so he ended up storing them in the cart and running around in his socks. For a couple minutes he got lost, worrying me for a second, but he found me without difficulty. Whew. After Costco I let him watch television while I caught up on email and lifted weights. The afternoon passed quickly. Once M and the boys arrived home I made dinner (pasta and vegetables) then thought of working out again but lasted all of thirty seconds on the treadmill before calling it a night. A quick shower later and I’m ready to read and fall asleep. We’re due for heavy rain, hopefully an autumnal rain, and temps below sixty tomorrow. I can’t wait. How do people live near the equator?

Ok, I’m going to turn on the light, close the windows, and read some Russo. Good night.

No comments: