Wednesday, October 01, 2008

I’m in the rocking chair, hopefully looking forward to a long, slow evening and an early bed. This morning I woke a little later than usual, just before six, but because today is Wednesday and I work from home I could slack a bit. Although I didn’t feel particularly up for the exercise I snuck out of the house at 6:30 and hit the pavement for a run. I used the google pedometer site and decided that my route is probably close to four and a half miles. After yesterday’s day off I felt strong, only stopping to walk through a couple steep inclines, and knocked out the stretch in about 50 minutes. That’s not tearing up the course, obviously, but that’s pretty good for me. Three deer crossed in front of the police station as I ran. Very cool.

After I returned home I showered quickly, ate breakfast, and took T and S to school. I hit Kohls for Brewers t-shirts. How often do the Brewers make the playoffs, you know? I found some cool shirts, on sale, for both the boys and myself (M didn’t want one) then headed home. Although I had a hard time getting started I managed to grade about twenty-five papers, work out, do a couple loads of laundry, and otherwise stay more or less focused. Maybe tonight I’ll drag T to the library. I could use some time in the corner chair. More later. Good night.

No comments: