Sunday, October 12, 2008

Huh. I had forgotten I had written early this morning. I could be out eating dinner with last year’s Assisi group but I decided to forego that invitation. What a surprise, eh? Instead I took all the crap off of the front and sides of the refrigerator, cleaned the surfaces, and hanged up a few of the boys’ art projects. The kitchen looks immeasurably better without the clutter. Why didn’t I do this years ago?

So I caught up on working out and my mood has improved but I think our family spent a bit too much time together lately. They’re ready for tomorrow’s school. M slept a little later than usual, as S was up late last night, so the boys and I hung out until she woke. I worked out on the elliptical from 7:45 until 8:15 and thought I’d take T and S to church while M and N stayed home. M said she’d rather take them to Target for Halloween costumes. Worked for me. Instead of church I cleaned most of the first floor (how did it get so messy so quickly?) and burned CDs for friends. M called, once they were finished shopping, and picked me up before we all headed to the new playground on the bluff. The space is pretty cool and we ran into a couple of friends right off the bat. This guy I know through the boys filled me in on a shitload of baseball coach gossip (yes, such a thing exists) until we decided to head home. M left for work not long after so I let the boys play Wii while I lifted and knocked out another thirty minutes on the elliptical. Once finished I showered and kicked the boys off electronic devices. They got involved in a beanie baby war while I read the Sunday paper. M arrived home near three, when T and I drove over to Best Buy (ran into a former student, I was glad to see he was doing well because he was kind of nuts when I knew him), Michaels (grand opening) and Dick’s (gleaming but still too expensive). Later I ate a salad and fake chicken nuggets for dinner and finished Crosley’s “I Was Told There’d Be Cake” (full review on GR tomorrow). The refrigerator surfaces cleaned I sat on the porch for a while with Shadow then came inside to write.

Not a bad Sunday, I guess, but I’m still a bit hyper. Not sure why. My knee feels better. Tomorrow morning I’ll run. Good night.

Did I mention I haven’t slept without nightmares in recent memory? Not sure why. More later.

No comments: