Sunday, October 26, 2008

The boys just returned from trick or treating. Pictures to follow.

Today was quite productive. I fell back asleep until about 7, woke, lifted weights, and ate breakfast (eggs). After a shower I started laundry and knocked out a decent complete draft of a revised course. Then I jumped on the elliptical, finished an hour while watching the football pre-game and the start of the Bucs/Cowboys game, and showered again. M made rice and I opened one of those cans of Indian food I picked up at Whole Foods. Whoo, it was good. I’ll try to get the exact name and post it in the future. After lunch I picked up tea at the local coffee shop and finished a second syllabi draft and departmental update at the library. I also snagged “Vantage Point” for M and her mom from the “Lucky Day” shelf. When I arrived home I caught up on football and ate dinner (tofu/mozzarella/spinach/mushroom salad) and answered the door when trick or treaters rang. We had a shitload, probably 100, many in groups of ten to twenty. I wonder if groups from out in the country drive into town. I always feel badly for the kids soloing with their parents. They don’t look very happy. I hope the parents treat them well. Since I had the house to myself (everyone else was out trick or treating) I burned some CDs for friends and loaded up a new playlist on the mp3 player. The playlist is on now (Fountains of Wayne’s “Valley Winter Song”, to be specific).

Not a bad Sunday night. Candles burn in all the jack-o-lanterns. Good night.

No comments: