Sunday, October 19, 2008

When was the last time I wrote? Friday? Well, this weekend was decent. The weather held up for what feels like the last warm stretch. The wind is picking up as I write and rain should arrive by morning. I’m ready for cold, grey late October.

I don’t remember what I did yesterday. Oh, I ran errands, cut the grass, hit the farmers market, etc. Nothing too exciting although I wasn’t looking for excitement. I managed to work out for an hour and felt pretty good. Last night I fell asleep early. This morning I woke early, around six, and hit Target by eight for a dining room lamp. My eyes settled on a floor lamp with a cool shade (sort of like the one I have on my office shelf) but I passed a few table lamps on such intense clearance that I couldn’t resist the bargain. I picked up a decent lamp, purchased a new shade, and drove home. My energy was flowing by this point so I cleaned out my car, took it to the vacuum place, carefully emptied the garage window of broken glass, took the glass to the gas station for disposal, filled up the car with gas, framed a picture, hanged the picture in the bathroom, lifted weights, and knocked out thirty minutes on the elliptical while watching the Bears/Vikings game. Then, while M was at some church thing and T had a friend over, I cleaned the office, living room, dining room, kitchen, upstairs hallway, and upstairs bathroom before knocking out another thirty on the elliptical. Not a bad day, eh? I also made acorn squash with apples, blueberries, and brown sugar. Tonight I’m going to try to read and get to sleep early. Tomorrow will be a long but hopefully productive day in the office. I need to give form to some syllabi ideas.

I’m ready for autumn. I don’t feel as if it’s here yet…too warm. Bring on the cold.

No comments: