Thursday, October 30, 2008

I’m sitting on the couch while S and N watch a Spongebob Halloween special. I cancelled class this morning for the first time in years. An ear infection (I think) has rendered me close to useless. I can’t remember anything (e.g. street names), string together a coherent thought, or even drive with confidence. I hate being sick. Tomorrow morning I MUST attend an important meeting. If my ear isn’t well by then I’m visiting my angry, somewhat terrifying doctor.

So what did I do today? Well, first I sent out some work emails. Then I ate breakfast and took a shower under the orgasm-inducing new shower head (even though said shower head still has some bugs, e.g. it shuts off at weird times). I hit the library to return some books/movies and picked up “Baby Mama” for M and her mom and a travel book edited by Bourdain for me. Then I worked out for thirty minutes while watching some special on hot dogs (Superdawg made an appearance). The workout cleared out my ear a little and felt ok. I don’t have to think much when I work out. Then I framed a few new pieces, hanged them, and worked out for another thirty minutes before showering again and cleaning the front porch. M arrived home with mom not long after. We talked for a while (I showed her the kindle online, she might want it for Christmas) while I screwed around online. They’re off picking up T and visiting Costco now.

M says I should slow down on spending cash. She’s probably right. In the last couple weeks I bought the new showerhead, prints, some Day of the Dead art, and tools. Now, these are things I’ve wanted for a while, and now that M’s working we can afford them, but I agree, I’ll slow down now.

I’ve also eaten too much Halloween candy but nothing epidemic. My weight plummeted earlier in the week. Strange. I didn’t expect that. I was down thirty-five pounds on Wednesday…I’m probably still close.

Ok, more later. Stupid ear.

No comments: