Friday, October 24, 2008

The boys are on the couch with me. Well, T is on the couch with me, drawing, one of his comic strips, while S paces back and forth eating pretzels and talking about video games. T, by the way, adds sound effects to his comic strips as he draws.

I think M and N are upstairs.

This has been a long week and I’m somewhat frustrated with my lack of productivity. I taught pretty well, I guess, and I facilitated/attended a shitload of meetings, but it seemed like every time I sat down in my office to write and revise syllabi somebody came through the door with a boatload of bullshit. Oh well. I might go into the office Sunday and I will shoot, I tell you, anyone who stops by to chat.

What’s been going on at home? Not much. The space is clean, more or less. Tonight we took the boys to Tello’s, a restaurant in town, because M had a gift certificate. I’m not big on taking the boys out just yet. The two older boys are ok but N is still too young to sit still for long and I feel like I have to monitor him every second. Restaurants aren’t fun or relaxing when you have to be ever vigilant. I’d rather order a pizza and eat at home. However, I can see M’s point…the boys need to learn to do the restaurant thing sooner or later.

I just kicked T off the couch for kicking my computer three times in a row.

What else happened? I attended both boys’ football games. T played well, his last game of the year, S was fine, I chatted on the sidelines with a couple women I know who are on the Obama campaign. Rain has fallen the last few days, like the rain I expect on my birthday, cold and hard. The cooler weather is welcome. I’ve knocked out 60 minutes on the elliptical every day except Tuesday and lifted early in the morning Sunday, Wednesday, and Friday. I can’t walk down the hall at work without someone commenting on my clothes. I guess that’s ok.

The boys are driving me a bit nuts now. S keeps trying to look at the screen. Hard to type when the boys keep asking you questions (“how did you get so fast at typing, dad?”) every two seconds. They’re good kids. I’ll miss this when they get older.

More later. Oh, I finished the Bryson and started the Sedaris. Good so far.

No comments: