Sunday, June 01, 2008

M is watching “Heroes” while the boys play upstairs. I did next to nothing today, in a pretty good way, I guess, although I’m still very much adjusting to this non-workaholic lifestyle. I woke late, near eight, as I slept badly last night. My sinuses went berserk and I should have risen early and taken some good drugs but instead I remained in bed against my better judgment. After I woke I downed some alleve and three diet cokes within three hours. Whew, that’ll make you feel better, eh? M took the boys to some street festival while I watched the Brewers game (over within two innings, really, with the Brew up big). Later I read further in “Alternadads”, decided against making cookies, talked with my neighbor big Mike on the back deck, then took a bath with the book. We ate dinner (grilled vegetables) and finished last week’s American Gladiators. I guess I’m slightly wired from the inactivity but my pulse seems slower and I’m not as tense. Not a bad day.

Last night’s sojourn to the Brewers’ game went well. We left near 4:45PM and arrived at the parking lot by 5:30PM. We had to park at a remote lot maybe four blocks west of the stadium. I said “Jesus Fuck” after one of the parking guys acted like a prick. T told me not to swear in front of N. There you go. On the walk from the parking lot to the stadium we passed about 40,000 tailgaters. The weather, sunny and breezy, was perfect. A group of guys played beer pong on a folding table. T was fascinated. They invited him to play but he declined. Maybe in a few years, eh? Baggo (or as James says, “cornhole”, or as I would say to James next, “assfucking”) was everywhere. We must have seen twenty baggo setups before we hit the stadium.

We found out seats without too much difficulty but M didn’t want to sit in our seats as some friends were nearby. She assured me seats would be plentiful. She was very wrong and we had to move soon. That drove me nuts. I wanted to sit and enjoy the game but I watched every person entering the area to see if we were in their seats. After we got kicked out we settled into our own seats and had a pretty good time. Sheets kicked ass and the Brewers won. I’ll post pictures later. N was tired but because Sheets works so quickly we were home by nine.

Ok, I want to meditate and relax for a while before bed. Tomorrow I’m planning on working a long day so I can take off later in the week. Heroes in getting tense. More later.

No comments: