Saturday, June 14, 2008

I’m sitting in the living room, in the glider, the windows open, post (and probably pre) rain air blowing the curtains back and forth. T is off at a Y party. S and N are playing on the computer. I think. Maybe they’re off the computer now, as they’re running back and forth every few minutes. M is watching Fox News. Why, I don’t know. Last I checked we were rotating between the Brewers game and Goodfellas.

Today was a decent day. This morning I missed the farmer’s market because M hit the church meeting. While she was gone the boys played in the backyard (new sand in the sandbox, including blue sand, for some reason) and I programmed my disc for the GR disc exchange. Neighbors bounced in and out of the yard. After I finished I hooked the CD player up on the deck and sat under the gazebo checking for flow while the rest of the discs burned. After M arrived home I decided to watch Pierrot le fou . A friend sent me the film a couple months back, I put it on the shelf, and forgot about it until I mentioned renting another Godard film to the same friend. That film was wild. I think I like Bergman better but Godard’s work at least keeps you on your toes. The party scene, where people essentially talk about products the entire time, was hilarious. A few of the running commentaries/dialogues were excellent as well. I wouldn’t mind checking out the script.

Near the film’s end M returned from the beach with the boys. They met some friends there and the friends followed them home. Everyone played in the backyard, water fights, mostly, but I heard a lot of screaming so I don’t know if anyone had much fun. I cleaned the kitchen and cranked the CD a little more. The neighbors were having one of those annoying extended family parties, when the cousins run up and down the block and scream. The boys aren’t allowed in their yard, then, which gives me a reason to keep the boys on their own when the neighbor kids want to play, if I feel like embodying an asshole. I was thrilled when a storm rolled through and chased those motherfuckers inside. Ha. T left for his Y event. S insisted we hit a coffee shop since T and I sometimes hit coffee shop when S is busy. The Port coffee shop closes early so we drove to the Grafton Alterra. S snagged a smoothly. I snagged iced tea. We decided, after a couple minutes on the patio, to return to Port’s harbor. The rain passed by then so we sat on a bench and took in the clean post-rain air. Beautiful. S was cold, though, so we drove home.

Not a bad day, eh? More tomorrow. I have some thoughts bouncing around about identity, economics, and time. Can’t wait, eh?

No comments: