Saturday, June 07, 2008

Exciting day…scroll down for pics. Let me start with last night.

I picked up a “beers of Mexico” collection at Costco and started drinking, oh, probably about 8:30. Everyone was asleep. Nine beers later I was lying on the grass in the backyard looking up at the constellations. I went for seven different types of beers, by the way:

Tecate
Dos Equis
The other Dos Equis
Sol
Rolling Rock
Corona
Red Stripe
Rolling Rock again

I’m feeling a bit worse for wear today. Plus, I ate like shit, the worst kind of food, in a post-hangover binge. Five pounds? Ten pounds? I wonder how much I gained. Blah. I feel like working out but if I were to do so I’d barf big time. Maybe tomorrow. I’ll eat better tonight. We’re out of ice cream sandwiches, anyway.

So this morning we hung out under the gazebo while I shotgunned diet cokes. Later we drove down to Pirate Fest. T, S and I walked through the tents while N did the pirate ship bouncer. The beautiful weather made everything easier and I was in a pretty good mood except for the loud, praying re-enactors. You know, I understand they’re trying to set the mood and all that but stay the fuck out of my way when I make it clear I’m not into it. S and I bailed and hit the coffee shop. I almost lost my thermos. We hooked up with everyone again in the park. N and I walked around for a while, we ran into Ty and Izzy, then N said he wanted to go home. So did I. He and I are similar that way, you know. After too much stimuli we want to get the hell out of the crowds and go someplace quiet. We drove home and played on the back deck for a while. N played with his Harry Potter chess guys in the castle in the bright sun. After everyone arrived home the weather began to turn. Shadow and I stood under the gazebo, pushing water off the tarp, until we got bored and went inside. T’s friend V went home with his mom, and here we are. I’m slightly wired. Not sure if more rain is coming, the weather seems calmer now, but the radar looks sketchy. More later! I love the storms.

No comments: