Sunday, June 22, 2008

Gentle rain, well, gentle thunderstorm falling as I sit on the porch and write. The boys are watching some animated version of “The Sword and the Stone.” I worked out twice today, once in the morning while watching “Weeds” (with the definitely crushworthy Mary Louise-Parker) and later while watching the Brewers finish off the Orioles. If I’m going to watch the Brew game I might as well get on the elliptical, eh?

This has been a weekend of regeneration. I think I’m read-out for the moment. “Emma” hasn’t held my interest but the book isn’t to blame. I’ve read a shitload over the last six weeks and I could probably use a day or two without my nose in a book. Yesterday morning M slept late so I loaded the boys into the van and drove over to West Bend for the farmers’ market. The boys were awesome. We had a great time, picking up string cheese directly from the cheese guy and a couple of cookies (S and N) and some kettle corn (T) for the ride home. N dropped a buck in a folk musician’s case and a fat lady almost ran him over. Can’t lose. After we arrived home I watched Grant Gee’s Joy Division documentary. This JD doc is the only one of which I’m aware with full band cooperation. All three JD members, as well as Tony Wilson and Ian Curtis’ mistress, gave extensive interviews. Very cool. After the film I think I worked out and tried to read on the back porch before making pasta rolls for dinner. M and I talked under the gazebo while the kids played inside. Later we took the boys to Bayshore so they could run through the jets in the town square. We should have brought towels. Next time! The boys had fun and we bribed them for our towel failure with post-soaking McDonalds sundaes. They were tired when we arrived home but the late light kept them up until close to nine. I was restless after M and the boys went to sleep so I hit Pick and Save for grapes and cat food.

This morning I woke late. After reading the paper on the deck I worked out (Weeds time) and half-cleaned the first floor. What did I do with the rest of the day? Not sure. Talked with D on the phone. Half-watched a “Heroes” episode with M. Caught most of the Brewers game. Could be worse. More later. Oh, fucking rabbits are eating our sunflowers…bad rabbits!

No comments: