Saturday, June 28, 2008

I’m sitting on the front porch, just after a windy rain, or maybe between one wave of the windy rain and the next. T and N are watching Justice League. S, I think, is upstairs on Wii. M’s on the computer. I don’t have a ton of energy, and I think I’ve overdone the workout/health kick this week to the point where I can’t think straight. In turn I just downed a couple cheese/vegetable sandwiches and feel a bit better. Did I mention I’ve worked out twice a day over the last week? Yes, probably too much.

This morning I woke near six and worked out (of course) to Sportscenter. After N woke I gathered up the boys and drove to West Bend’s farmers market. We ran into a few people from church (always weird), picked up string cheese and kettle corn, and drove home. The clouds behind us were grey but the morning turned out well. After arriving home I read from “Atmospheric Disturbances” and answered a few emails. After an early lunch I pulled out the electric branch trimmer and cleared out the deck space under the kiwi. On a lark I gathered the strawberry pots in a line near the overhang and created a new defined space. I think it looks cool, and I tried to take a picture but the camera batteries were spent. Next time. Later I watched the first forty-five minutes or so of “Be Kind Rewind” (eh) and read again. M cleaned part of the garage, by the way, looks great. I hit Pick and Save and picked up sandwich things (e.g. provolone, roast beef) for dinner. Now, as I think I said, I’m working out a ton lately. And I’m not eating as much. However, today at about 3 a massive wave of hunger hit me so I started making dinner (sandwiches and corn). By then the rain rolled into town, blowing hard, and the kids were back in the building. Not sure what I’ll do tonight. A few bullets:

I’m on a smoothie kick lately. Yogurt, some juice, maybe ice, fruit. Why hadn’t I discovered smoothies before?

Samantha Brown’s new weekend show started last week. I watched the Austin episode. Looks good. Damn, she’s been working out, by the way.

I’m liking Atmospheric Disturbances. Reminds me of Borges.

More later.

No comments: