Sunday, November 04, 2007

Whoo, I’m tired out of nowhere. The sun has already fallen, the trees menace against the last of the light, and daylight savings time has officially fallen back. We’re just past five and the night has arrived. Does this mean dawn arrives early tomorrow?

Today has been fine. This morning Shadow and I walked through the wet autumn woods, then back through town, before church. We saw at least four or five dogs out on leashes, near their houses, where apparently their owners left them and slept late. Interesting. We also watched the city workers set up the downtown streets for sewer work. On a Sunday? I was surprised. I cleaned a bit before T, S, and I left early for church so we could hit the greenhouse for plants. The boys were good, running through the aisles, checking out the Christmas displays, before we picked out three plants (one for N, too) and snagged a huge bag of soil. Reminder…I MUST water plants tomorrow at work. Anyway, N was sitting under a table, waiting his brothers, in the church basement while M busied herself with “first Sunday lunch” preparations. I could sense a difficult hour brewing, and I was not wrong. N did not want to go upstairs for the first half hour of kid-school (away from his regular class, when the RE director brings all the little kids together and more or less talks at them for thirty minutes), so he, S and I sat in one of the classrooms and chatted with Doug about his goats and chickens. Afterwards I caught a couple minutes of the service. I don’t know. Something seems wrong at church lately. I can’t quite nail the specifics. People look tense. N was upset with his teacher (something about his inability to draw a proper star), so he and I left just as his class ended while M, T, and S stayed for lunch. N asked to watch television, a sure sign he’s not feeling well, so I plopped him in front of Spongebob and made our lunches. Later I watched most of the Pack game and made chocolate chip cookies (first batch great, second batch slightly burned). S and I hit the coffee shop where cute emo teenagers fawned over his long hair and I read “Nova Swing”. I thought about hitting work tonight, but I doubt I will. I just transcribed some poem drafts into the computer, and maybe I’ll stay up and grade some papers, but I also want to get up really early and hit work by six. Good night.

No comments: