Wednesday, November 14, 2007

I’m in the rocking chair, in the corner of the dining room, writing while M and the boys watch “Ratatouille”. Everybody’s pretty tired. M says she was up all night because T slept in our bed and kicked her a lot. I was up by 2:30AM, not sure why, I thought I’d sleep later because I hadn’t slept well the night before. I felt pretty rested, though, at 2:30. I was surprised to find the hour so early. I watched some tv, checked email, etc., before eating breakfast and getting ready to leave for work. Everyone was up a little after five. You can see why I rented a movie today. Hopefully everyone will be asleep soon.

I was busy today. I drove to work before dawn, radio off (I turned on NPR, but they were talking about Palestine again, so I turned it off…why does NPR talk about Palestine so much?), and watered the plants, wrote up an alumni survey, and posted the update by 7:30. The dean and I chatted for a bit, I hung some student work in the hallways, and I set up my computer for a Skype chat with L. The chat went pretty well, but the wireless is a bit shaky inside my office, so the chat wasn’t perfect. Anyway, we set up a pretty good powerpoint/plan for Friday’s digital portfolio conversation. I walked to Blockbuster (movies) and Jimmy John’s (lunch) a little past ten. The wind was blowing pretty hard but the walk did me well. I haven’t worked out enough lately, and I eat everything in site when I’m tired. After lunch P and I talked about movies, downloading, and football. I let me 11:00AM freshmen work on their papers. Man, they’re starting to look tired. After that I met with a student, nothing serious, taught the 1PM class (even more tired than the first class), and caught up with F after she threatened to quit because everyone was bugging her about crap out of her control. I offered to pick up dinner, but M already had made lasagna, but I still get credit for asking. Unfortunately she used wheat noodles, rendering the lasagna chewy and pretty much inedible, so I bagged dinner. I’m ready to sleep.

Quick note…I’ve started the oral history of The Replacements book that just came out this month. So far, so good, except for the fanboy start. The format is almost identical to the “Please Kill Me” oral history of punk.

http://www.amazon.com/Replacements-Over-Shouting-Oral-History/dp/076033062X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1195084835&sr=8-1

No comments: