Monday, November 26, 2007

Today was productive, and I’m rewarding myself with a Rolling Rock and a couple of Hershey’s kisses. Yes, I live wild and dangerously, fear my rock and roll lifestyle.

This morning I woke by six or so, I think, after a solid nine or so hours of sleep. I needed to catch up after the short post-Chicago slumber. Last night I woke at about twelve, but I was able to fall asleep again, so I was feeling pretty healthy in the morning. I did the stairmaster for the length of an “Office” episode (about twenty two minutes), ate breakfast, showered, and dropped the boys off at school. After quick errands to the library (returning Clerks) and the mailbox (returning “Helvetica”, which I highly recommend), I hit the dining room table with the laptop. I lit a candle, turned on some Mum, and started answering a week’s worth of emails. The morning passed quickly and without incident. When N and his friend Brock arrived home, around lunch, I moved to the library and spent most of the afternoon grading papers. Man, my brain was fried by 3:00PM. I don’t know how some people sit in front of a computer all day at work. I’d lose my mind. Anyway, when I returned home I watched some post-Sunday football news, hung out with the kids then returned to the dining room table to finish an article I started a long time ago. I incorporated some colleagues’ feedback into the mix and sent the article on its way. Oh, I forgot to mention this morning I received an email from a student I taught way back ten years ago in Chicago. She’s doing well. The email was a trip…good news.

Ok, the two older ones are ready to read upstairs. I’m not prepared for my 9AM class, although I know what direction I’m headed with it, so I have to get to work early. I’d take some melatonin, but I’m drinking. Only half a beer, though. We’ll see. Good night.

No comments: