Wednesday, November 07, 2007

This has been a long week, and the week, well, it’s only Thursday. I’m not sure why I’ve felt so tired lately. Maybe the time change, along with the cooler weather, is contributing. I don’t know. The last few days have been productive. I’ve winged my classes, for lack of a better term, but they’ve turned out ok. I feel like I’m re-learning how to teach this semester after a couple years when I wasn’t in the classroom all that much. I’ve also stayed later (for me, anyway) at the office, until 4:30 or 5, catching up on the last of paperwork before I disappear. Tonight I read with N, too, before bed. He and I have hung out more lately. We’ve had fun. Later M and I watched “The Bionic Woman”, and I let myself fade into that sort of thing for a while.

I’m feeling comfortable with myself as of late. A colleague, an insecure woman, was trying to give me static today, and I let it roll of my back. I think teaching the freshman leadership course causes me to reflect upon my own leadership in the light of what I’m teaching. In turn, I could kind of step back and say “who gives a shit what that bitch says?” and mean what I say. She’s got her own issues. I’m doing good work. I’m having fun. Nothing to fear.

On Sunday I collected my poem notes into four or five pages or drafts. I’m tempted to sit in on a couple of poetry readings, to see if there’s a place where I could read, but surprisingly few opportunities of that nature exist in the Milwaukee area. I’ll keep my eyes open. Good night.

No comments: