Sunday, November 11, 2007

A little after eight, gratefully tired, but I still might take some melatonin before bed. This morning I woke late to a crash in the living room. Apparently M fell off the couch, scattering milk and cereal everywhere. I miss all the good times. Anyway, I was up late last night, from midnight until about two, because my sinuses again went slightly berserk. Plus, I had a weird, violent dream involving students shooting up my old neighborhood. Interesting. The morning was tough. I didn’t get a chance to run and the kids were mega-needy. M said her car was making strange noises on the way to church, so she turned back (I was taking my car), but I didn’t hear anything. Church sucked. We were late, so I kept the boys downstairs, but their classes didn’t come down until thirty minutes after the service started. Oh, one good event…I stood outside and watched the boys play together on the church playground. They stood on a tire swing and teamed up to swing it in circles. I have fun watching them work together. We decided to leave after 11. M was upstairs with one of her friends, one of our neighbors who wanted to check out the church for herself. S’s new Sunday teacher is cute, by the way, and I recommended she get moved to the teenagers’ classroom so attendance improves. The boys and I watched some football until M arrived home. I ate lunch (provolone/spinach sandwich) and walked Shadow through downtown and back. We were planning on checking out “The Bee Movie” (not my choice), but S didn’t want to go, so he and I stayed back while M took T and N to the film. S and I had fun. We were going to play baseball, but he couldn’t find his glove, so we hit the coffee shop instead. We took books with us, but S wanted to sit at the window counter, so we talked and watched gulls circle the harbor. I love our coffee shop. I hope they’re making enough money to survive. Five different tables were taken today, a good sign, but at least two people are always working, and when I run the math on how to pay them, etc., I hope people are buying a lot of coffee. I’d hate to see the coffee shop close. After the coffee shop S and I returned home. He played on the computer while I turned on Stars of the Lid and answered work emails. Man, I love Stars of the Lid. “The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid” is one of my favorite albums. I kind of wish the movie had lasted six hours, keeping the house quiet, but M, T, and N played on the front porch after they returned, so the house never went quite loud. I went on a mad cleaning binge before dinner. I also imposed a thirty minute “quiet time” session after dinner in which the boys could do whatever they wanted as long as they did it quietly upstairs. T drew in the Wii room while S and N played with their action figures. Not bad. Later I read some Harry Potter to the two older boys and a couple books with N. Like I said, melatonin tonight. I want to get up early and run before work. Good night.

No comments: