Sunday, November 23, 2008

Sunday evening, close to 6:30, although the hour feels much later. November is creeping to an end. Have you noticed how late Thanksgiving falls this year? My students are pissed I’m not canceling Tuesday night’s class, but I can’t because our last session is only seven days later. Oh well.

I slept twelve hours last night. Well, Shadow woke me by walking back and forth in the upstairs hallway near 3:30, but after I let her out and back in the house I fell back asleep and didn’t wake until seven. Goddamn, I felt miles better than yesterday. This morning I read the paper, showered, cleaned, and answered email while M shopped for Christmas presents. Later I lifted weights and knocked out 60 minutes on the elliptical while watching the Bears manhandle the Rams. Then T and I hung out while I finished laundry, burned discs, built playlists, and caught up on minor tasks like quitting Netflix and ordering a book from Amazon. Later T and I grocery shopped for our Thanksgiving dinner at the increasingly lame and crowded local supermarket. I made pasta for dinner, made tomorrow’s lunch and arranged tomorrow’s clothes, and took a shower. I’ll probably read myself to sleep soon.

The late afternoon light scares me. More later. M’s running the goddamn hair dryer.

No comments: