Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I’m sitting in the rocking chair, a little after noon, while T watches television and N and S are off in the house somewhere. M is working today. I do an awful lot of covering for my wife’s 60% job, and it’s starting to piss me off, but she swears it’ll get better soon. I don’t like doing a shitty job at my 100% position to cover for M. This is her first semester, however, so hopefully the time conflict will disappear soon.

So the last few days have been hell on wheels. You know how that first day of a long weekend hits you with an exhaustion that almost leaves you ill? That’s where I was at last night. Today I’m a bit better. Later today the boys and I will make Thanksgiving dinner (yes, I know it’s Wednesday, more on that in a second). After M comes home we’ll eat and maybe watch “Fred Claus”. I want to hit the bedroom early with a book because I haven’t read much the last couple of days and I could use the sleep before a busy couple of days. Tomorrow night we hit the waterpark. Sunday I’ll drive into the office to make up for today’s missed office time. Saturday I hope I can rest.

T has been all over the place today. Sometimes he’s, well, constantly underfoot. I had to rag on him about the habit today. I think he understands. He needs to learn to be more self-sufficient with his time. After we talked he drew (did a great job, actually) upstairs at the hallway desk.

I guess it’s starting to feel like winter. Last night I loaded groceries in from the car in the 5PM dark. The world felt lifeless. I turned on the full spectrum light and watched basketball until 10PM, way past my usual bedtime.

More later…I think I’ll start cutting up sweet potatoes.

No comments: