Sunday, November 02, 2008

N and I have been up since 4:30. Well, 4:30 with the whole “fall back” thing, but 4:30 by the official definition. We’re watching television and trying to stay quiet. Why is he up so early? Hm. I'll lift and work out later, I guess.

Yesterday I felt aimless. After thirty minutes on the elliptical, while M and her mom were out shopping, I thought I was done for the day on all levels. My energy was nonexistent. Still, I’m not very good at doing nothing, so as soon as M returned I jumped in the car and went to Michaels and the library. I tried sitting in my favorite chair with the travel book but my concentration failed me. The house was empty upon my return (everyone went to “High School Musical 3”) so I cleaned and channel-surfed. Later I ran four miles. My knee held up pretty well until the bike path’s uphill stretch. Still, I was glad my knee cooperated at all. After a shower and some pad thai I curled up in the bedroom with the travel book while M, her mom, and the boys played loud board games downstairs. I don’t remember when I fell asleep, but it was before double-digits.

I’m not sure what I’m doing today. M’s taking her mom to the airport in the early afternoon. If I wasn’t dreaming Tristan threw up in the middle of the night. I’m restless already. Happy Sunday morning.

No comments: