Tuesday, November 18, 2008

I’m on the first floor, just before 6PM, catching up on the journal. This morning I woke by 3:30 or only to discover last night’s harsh weather knocked out our net connection. Since there’s nothing else to do at 4 in the morning I worked out to a first season “30 Rock” episode, showered, and headed to the office. Have I mentioned I love the office early in the morning? No one shows up until 8:15 (unless Sue next door arrives early, but she and I get along), so I can crank my music and monopolize the copy machine. I caught up on email and the last of the week’s grading then cleaned my office. My only class of the day featured presentations, so I took a seat in the back of the room and let my students do the work. By noon they were finished, so I hung out with Terry and talked with students arriving early for the 1:10PM classes until, at 1:30PM, I decided my 1:00PM student appointment wasn’t showing. I swung by Blockbuster for a couple movies and drove home. The house was cold, as M insists on turning the heat down to 64 when we’re gone, but I punched it up to 68 before getting ready for a second elliptical stint. Just as I was climbing on the machine my cell rang. The dean and associate dean wanted to talk through some major university gossip related to building/office moves. No sweat, although my dean, much to my chagrin, refused to put my request for a pet monkey into the package for which we’re asking the leadership board. She never lets me get my pet monkey. Later M dropped off S and N before T’s drum lesson. The two younger boys played on the computer while I finished working out. M and T took forever to get home, due to a late eye doctor appointment, so N and I ate dinner while S waited for his older brother. I feel vaguely wired now. From where is that coming?

I think I’ll hit an upstairs bedroom with a book soon. Remind me to breathe.

No comments: