Saturday, November 22, 2008

N is building at the dining room table, playing on his own, while T and S play Guitar Hero upstairs. They were surprised I knew the words to “Rock and Roll All Night.” Ha.

Yesterday was stone-cold exhausting. I was up early for thirty minutes on the elliptical followed by an hour of basketball. Upon my return home I lifted weights (harder lately, not sure why), showered, answered email, and drove south to the office. A slew of meetings later I left campus. Goddamn, what a long day. The boys were watching “Journey To the Center of the Earth” (the new one), so I slammed some pizza and beer down my throat, took a bath with “The Learners”, and collapsed into bed. This morning I woke at four, thinking the hour was later, and finished the book before trying (and failing) to fall back asleep. After reconciling my approach to my waking state I showered, ate, and checked out the black Friday ads on the computer. Nothing in the ads looks too interesting. No sweat. We’ll be up at the waterpark that morning anyway. I cranked DBT (Southern Rock Opera) and drank coffee on the couch. The library opens in twenty-six minutes. T has books on reserve. Later he attends a birthday party at a nearby roller rink. I’ll sit in the lobby and read. What about tonight? Maybe I’ll watch a movie. I’m tempted to visit the office in the morning. The visit isn’t necessary but I thrive on the quiet and could use prep time before the mad pre and post Thanksgiving rushes.

More later. I’m still not fully awake.

No comments: