Saturday, November 01, 2008

Today is the first of November, although Halloween is still in the air. November is my least favorite month, but we have an agreement, November and me, to stay out of each other’s way as much as possible. I don’t complain about the dead sky and November doesn’t mind if I curl up on the couch and read all Sunday.

I considered driving to Chicago today but decided against the trip because 1) I’ve been driving a lot lately, 2) my ear hurts, and 3) I’m going to Chicago in two weeks for The Hold Steady/Drive-By Truckers gig. So today is wide open, almost like a free day. M and her mom are off shopping. The boys are on the computer, but I’ll probably kick them off soon. I haven’t worked out yet and the first stirrings of the desire are starting in my legs. I wouldn’t mind stealing some library time later. M, her mom, and the boys might check out HSM3 this afternoon so as long as I work out this morning the library is an option. Goddamn, I love the library on cloudy afternoons.

Yesterday was decent. I woke, lifted, and finished thirty minutes on the elliptical by 6:30. Then I hit work, gossiped with Preston, and facilitated a somewhat frustrating but productive meeting until eleven. I tore the hell out of the building and took the lake road to Whole Foods, where I picked up a dozen cans of Indian food and more blueberry granola. Have I mentioned how much I love Jyoti Indian food? I’m still working through all the options, but I’ll report my favorites soon.

http://www.jyotifoods.com/pages/catalog.html

After returning home and eating lunch I hung out with the boys for a while (N was putting together lego sets…he’s quite good) before completing the daily elliptical hour to last night’s “30 Rock”. A shower later and I was on the road back to work. Sometimes Friday afternoons are my most productive. The floor is usually deserted and I’m driven to eliminate paperwork so I don’t have to think of it over the weekend. A few interruptions slowed me down but I managed three hours of productivity before leaving near 5:30PM. The air was growing colder and darker. I hauled ass home, took a bath, and hit the bedroom with the travel book. The boys, back after trick or treating in a neighboring town, read with me. N fell asleep on my shoulder. I crashed before nine. Rock and roll, ladies and gentlemen, yes, rock and roll.

I’m listening to Stars now. What a great band.

Happy All Saints Day, by the way.

No comments: