Sunday, March 15, 2009

We’re halfway through March. Next Saturday is M’s 40th birthday. I’m on spring break, but I still have a ton of work to do. Life is decent.

Today is warmer, in the forties, I believe, and the sun shines strong through all the windows. I was up in the middle night due to a nightmare in which a colleague strangled me. See why I need spring break? Anyway, after reading Bryson and answering email I fell back asleep and woke near seven. This morning, after M and the boys went to church, I answered more messages, wrote a Bangkok 8 review for goodreads, and caught some of Role Models. When the boys returned N and S drifted towards video games while M and S went out to the store. I lifted weights while watching Fox News, downed a protein shake, and played with Nathaniel. Now S is eating a hot dog and N is watching Zaboomafoo. Later I’ll knock out thirty minutes of cardio, mail some packages, and read. Why am I grinding my teeth? I’m not used to open days.

Yesterday T, S and I drove down to Whole Foods while N and M were at the Y for swimming lessons. I like taking the boys to Whole Foods. They can go off on their own and talk with each other like brothers in the back of the car. We had an interesting conversation about bad neighborhoods after I told them to lock their doors while cutting down North avenue. T said the neighborhood looked run-down. I remember driving through similar neighborhoods with my dad when I was young.

What did I do for the rest of the day? College basketball, reading, phone, etc. Tomorrow Paul and I hit the Munch show in Chicago. Have a good Sunday.

No comments: