Friday, March 13, 2009

I’m on the couch, half-watching college basketball and quarter-watching the darkened aquarium. The remaining frog is nocturnal, apparently, and I can see him bouncing around here and there in the corners. The two fish were inside the tiki hut a few minutes ago but one of them is awake now.

Tonight I drove into work. I like the office on Friday nights. No one is there (except sometimes Casey, the security guy, but he only hung out for about fifteen minutes), I can play my music as loud as I want, and I get a ton done. Since the boys were playing with the neighbors I swung through Starbucks around 6:30PM, got some coffee, and got on the road. By eight I had cleaned out my email inbox, scheduled observations, and arranged some steno. Not bad. On the way home I stopped at Borders (decided against buying the Bolano and ordered it from the library instead). I don’t remember the last time I drove at night. Lame.

What else happened today? I woke near five, played hoops, ran three miles (8.5 minute miles), lifted, and did abs. But my weight is rising. Why? Am I eating that badly? I don’t think so. I don’t know. I’d use the “gaining muscle” excuse, but I don’t think I’m gaining THAT much muscle. I have the same body image issues as a fourteen year old girl. I’ll shut up now. The boys cleaned their room and I attacked downstairs. The boys were in my face pretty much constantly. I love them but maybe we’ve had a bit too much togetherness this week between the sick day with N and a day and a half I covered while they were out of school for p/t conferences. N cut his hair and some of T’s too. S went across the street without permission. Oh well. The rest of the hours were fine. I love my kids. I feel I’m too hard on them. But I don’t want them to grow up to be irresponsible idiots. Welcome to parenting.

The rest of the week was ok. I was busy at work both Wednesday and Thursday, and the semester’s home stretch may turn out to be a bitch. We’ll see. How many weeks? About eight? We’ll work it out. The DPI writing could be tough. A lot of loose ends. People are feeling the pressure. Maybe I’ll start writing this weekend, Sunday, maybe.

Ok, despite the fact I’m somewhat wired (coffee) I think I’ll hit bed with a book. I should finish Bangkok 8 tonight. Get some sleep, people. Spring is coming.

No comments: