Monday, March 16, 2009

I am up at the titillating hour of 10:47PM. Pizza and diet cokes do wonder for my constitution.

And how was today, you ask? Today was excellent, thank you very much. Well, I woke kind of pissed off at 4:30AM because my 4:15AM alarm didn’t ring. Or maybe it did and I turned off the alarm but don’t recall. I hustled my coffee, etc. and reached the Y a little after 5. Thirty elliptical minutes felt fine, but a mile into the treadmill my right should hurt enough to warrant cutting short the workout. After eating eggs and taking a shower I decided to skip the early morning office and watch some show in which gymnasts have to leap through holes in a wall or risk getting knocked into lime green water. My kids love the show. Then I drove south, got slightly lost, and picked up Paul before nine. We coasted into Illinois, cut down Irving, and grabbed a muffin at Dunkin Donuts (stupidass Taco and Burrito House was still closed) before a quick walk through Mil Park and the Art Institute. The Munch show was fantastic. I only knew “The Scream” but Munch’s prodigious output is admirable. The show might be worth checking out twice. After the museum we got lost trying to find the car in the cold, clammy underground parking. Once we found the Saturn we kept drifting south into Hyde Park. We ate at Medici’s on 57th (calzone, god, I ate like shit today) before hitting a couple bookstores, including the impossibly intimidating Seminary Co-Op, where they every single Penguin, Oxford, and Harvard library edition known to man, including weird and ultra-rare Greek and Sanskrit editions. Like I said, intimidating. We cut through the hood to the Ryan and fought north, only stopping for a Giordano’s pizza in Gurnee. After dropping off Paul I arrived home near 5:30, scarfed half the pizza (ate like shit ate like shit ate like shit) and hung out with the boys before they burst out the door to play with their friends in the fresh spring air. I worry about my kids leaving the house. There are cars out there, you know. So I gave each one the “watch out for cars” lecture again. Later (much later than usual) they fell asleep. M and I watched the end of “Role Models” (quite funny). I should go upstairs and read. I’m not sure what I’m doing tomorrow. Structure! I need structure! Good night.

No comments: