Tuesday, July 22, 2008

I’m sitting on the front porch wearing my long-sleeved black shirt and my pajama pants. I worked out tonight on the new and improved (e.g. the repairman came) elliptical. Still, I feel like I haven’t progressed much, weight and health wise, the last week or so. Maybe I’m sort of unconsciously eating too much when I’m cooking. I don’t know. Maybe it’s just a plateau. I’ll keep working out.

This morning S woke early, about three, and climbed onto the futon with me. There isn’t enough room for both of us so after a while he stumbled upstairs. I managed to catch another couple hours of sleep, thank god, or else today’s meetings would have been unbearable. In no hurry to drive into work I made eggs for breakfast and showered late. My first meeting started at 10AM and I arrived about fifteen minutes before then. The meetings proceeded as expected, alternately dull and interesting, depending on the subject matter, split in half but a lunch at a local café (garden salad, blue cheese dressing) with two colleagues. I drove directly home afterwards and hung out with S and N while M and T drove to drum lessons and the supermarket.

Pretty evening. The air feels cooler than it could in late July. I’m ok with the cool.

No comments: