Tuesday, July 08, 2008

I’m in my office, a little after noon, and I thought I’d write in the journal before my 1PM class. My office door is closed and I’m trying to stay quiet so my needier students won’t hear me. Sssh.

This past weekend turned out quite well. I read (finished Wiseguys), worked in the yard, played D and D with the boys, and watched baseball. The weather was perfect. We sat under the gazebo, too. The only negative was one of our asshole neighbors, can’t fucking wait until that retard moves (should be soon) yelling at N because his little princesses were offended by his presence. I was ready to take a motherfucking baseball bat to his front door. M talked me down. Asshole. I’m sick of my boys getting all the blame for the neighborhood girl drama.

Anyway, I’m teaching afternoons every day for the next two weeks. The group seems reasonable enough, only a couple potential interesting cases, and I know the material well. Easy money and we’re doing the students a service at the same time. Works for everyone. I’ve been driving in earlier in the mornings, working in the office, walking the outdoor track, then hiding in my office before I teach. Busier than usual, but nothing to which I can’t get accustomed.

A few quick bullet points:

Tomorrow M has an interview for a 60% position at a nearby school district. I wish her luck…she deserves a shot.

I watched The Seventh Seal over the weekend. Excellent…one of my favorite Bergman films.

I should start The Crying of Lot 49 tonight. Last night I fell asleep with N in the air conditioning to hellweather rain.

More later! Shh. Stay quiet.

No comments: