Monday, November 01, 2010

Why hello, kind blog readers. Welcome to the first day of November. Let me move over to the table. That’s better. And how was your day?

November is my least favorite month, by the way. But I can’t say I totally hate November, so I guess I don’t have a totally least favorite month. February isn’t great, either, but one endures February like a champ in Wisconsin. Grit your teeth and suck it up. You chose to live here. Or your parents chose to live here, and God hates you because you were born to your parents or whatever. In any case, surviving February is a personal point of pride whereas November is like the dentist office waiting room of months without magazines. November is waiting for winter. And sometimes the cold, wet-cement grey sky is worse than the most intense blizzard. So, fuck you, November, at least until Thanksgiving, which I quite enjoy.

Anyway, today was a pretty good day. I was up at four, lifting by five, and in the office by 7:15. By nine I had accomplished quite a bit and I taught pretty well, too, keeping the students moving to avoid the Monday morning lecture dead-stare. I mean, I wasn’t a superstar but nobody fell asleep or looked angry to be there. Then I met with a couple friends/colleagues, got in the car, and drove to the Y for 45 minutes of cardio. I’ve been eating like shit (Halloween) so I needed the workout. I’ve been doing six days of cardio more often than not and I’ve been steady with lifting three days a week. After cardio I showered and ate lunch before hitting Dr. L’s for a pretty good session. Later I picked T up from school and played football with the boys in the back field, even covering T while S played quarterback. That was fun. After another Glee episode and dinner I took another quick shower and here I am. Pretty soon I’m going upstairs to read The Unnamed to another sleeping pill. Life is good. Happy All Saint’s Day. I’m practicing calm. I have to practice. This doesn’t come easily, but I’m getting better.

No comments: