Monday, August 31, 2009

When was the last time I completed an entry on a Monday night? I don’t remember. Let’s rectify that situation.

I’m on the couch with T. He starts 5th grade in the morning and has decreed he will no longer be taking a lunch but will instead get whatever they have at school because apparently the cafeteria features “a wide variety of things”. That’s ok with me. He’s in fifth grade. Go be cool.

Today will hopefully be the last of the rush around because we’re paying babysitters day. This morning I woke at four, after weird melatonin-influenced zombie dreams, and worked out from 5-5:30. I hit work by seven, taught at nine, did some taping for the U’s PR at 10, met with a couple people at 11, and hauled ass home at 12. Our comatose babysitter left soon after, thirty-five bucks richer, including five dollars in quarters from the change jar because I didn’t have enough bills. Later we dropped off S at a friend’s and drove around for a while before deciding to go home. I worked out to Andrew Zimmer’s Gulf Coast episode, inhaled some pizza (stress eat! Stress eat! At least I work out, eh?) and showered. Now I’m here. What should I do? Murakami? Probably. Breathe deep. My kids start school tomorrow. They’re good kids. They’ll do well in school.

No comments: