Thursday, August 02, 2007

I’m up early. The house is quiet. Yesterday was very hot, but the night cool, probably in the sixties, so I can’t complain at the moment. I sneezed like crazy while walking Shadow this morning, and I’m feeling more tired than usual. I’m not sure why. Maybe she and I will go for a walk this morning. Last night I started to feel the “bounce off the walls” urge, but my rental bike kind of sucks, and I wasn’t in the mood to run. We’ll see about today.

Yesterday morning T woke early, probably around six, and he and I had fun hanging out on our own. We walked over to Bestor Plaza and waited for the bookstore to open so we could buy newspapers and a postcard for Abigal and Jessica back home. I don’t get much time to hang out with the boys, not mention to hang out with one of them one on one, here at Chautauqua, so I was happy with the opportunity. After we arrived home the fatigue encroached on the morning, and I did little but cruise the net and chat with M’s family before falling asleep in an upstairs bedroom. After that I walked down to the water to watch T and S in a “Water Olympics” activity before heading out to the supermarket to pick up twenty bottles of honest tea. Anything to get off the grounds, eh? Later the entire extended family hit a hot dog stand for dinner, where the kids were more or less on good behavior, and returned home to watch the Brewers lose. Stupid fucking Cubs. I hate the fucking Cubs.

I have bits of poetry, pre-poetry, cruising through my head. I sometimes wonder if reawakening that facet of my life will be key to my health. More later.

No comments: