Sunday, October 10, 2010

Why hello, kind blog readers. I’m grinding my teeth and trying not to kill my spazzy dogs. Do you think if I mixed some lunesta with some treats they would fall asleep? Stupidass facebook won’t load a new profile picture, either. I’m moving too quickly and banging into things, I need a third shower, and the temps are way, way too hot for October. Breathing now. Through the nose. I’m going to stop banging into things and relax. Here we go.

And how are you? This was a pretty good week, really. I wasn’t that busy at work. My back, which hurt badly earlier in the week, like I thought I wasn’t going to be able to walk much, recovered after a long autumn walk. I guess the lower right side is still tight but I think the injury could have been much worse. The rest of the week was fine. I finished Zero History in a peaceful marathon at Alterra’s Friday night, then returned Saturday morning to start the latest Ellroy.

Right now the dogs are wrestling under the table. Fuckers.

Ok, I can roll with this. Anyway, yesterday, like most Saturdays, was lost to football and soccer until the late afternoon. Then, reminding myself that I lucked out and could skip a fancy scholarship dinner, I read a little and slept well. This morning I ran before dawn. The sunrise was red and purple, absolutely beautiful, and I saw two foxes near the water treatment plant. M left for Chicago (her brother was running the marathon) early. The boys and I had a decent day but I felt like I had to be ever vigilant. Some of this is my fault because I finished a mix CD that took longer than I expected and the kids got needy. That’s ok. We snagged a couple new video games because I feel like I never get to be the one who gets them anything cool. They played those, went outside, watched a little football, ate dinner, and played football with me. Now they’re upstairs in “quiet time” but upstairs doesn’t sound particularly quiet. Sigh. At least my clothes are laid out for tomorrow and my lunch ready. I’m not working out in the morning because A) I finished a seven day stretch, and B) I need to hit work early to get a lot done before my 9AM class. I guess I’m a little frustrated because I feel like I’m the one doing all the cleaning lately, but oh well, M is in Chicago, and I can’t blame her for that, she doesn’t get to see her family much. I’ll live. I’ll be better after a shower.

Ok, sorry to sound slightly bitchy. This morning I was much better, I promise. I’ll be fine. Time to eat some pie and get the boys ready for bed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Are you still using pre-made pie crusts? You are totally capable of making homemade, sir, if you make homemade pizza dough.

Hope you're feeling better!
*hugs*