Sunday, June 27, 2010

Only just past 5PM, Sunday, but the hour feels later. Not sure why. I’m in the glacial upstairs bedroom, burning a hole in the ozone right about where I’m sitting, I’m sure, but I don’t care, I love air conditioning. Suck it, environment! What have I done today? Hm…let me think. Nat came into the Wii room, where I was sleeping, and curled up next to me around 4:30AM. A storm woke him, I think. We both woke near six. I watched Fox News while he played line rider on the computer. Then I considered making pancakes but bagged the idea when he wanted waffles instead. Through the morning I cleaned, wrote a review of that Gaiman/Guy With The Long Italian Last Name anthology, and hung out with the boys. Pete and I also stood under the gazebo and watched the storm come through after I hit Costco for pizza creation supplies. Then I made the dough (not sure if I was completely successful, need to experiment) and watched some Happy Gilmore with the boys. They seemed to love the film; they’re watching again now. Later I hit the Y for day five (the five days on, one day off rotation seems to work), cardio/upper/lower/abs. Then I finished the pizza, cleaned the kitchen, ate some pizza, and here I am. I’m pleasantly tired. Shall we hit bullet points?

• The new Stars CD, The Five Ghosts, is growing on me. I also finished and sent a shebang CD and a couple out to the Netherlands for a friend.
• S and I hit the West Bend batting cages yesterday after the farmers market. I have some cellphone pics I’ll try to upload later. One of the machines was broken and gave us approximately 100 pitches instead of the usual fourteen. That was awesome. S struggled (his bat was too big, I think) with the 50mph pitches but kicked ass on the softball machine.
• I haven’t taken sleeping pills the last two nights and I’ve slept ok. Maybe tonight I’ll go for a third meds-free night in a row.
• We’ve had a shitload of rain, but in a good way. The sage is growing well out along the garage. I’m too lazy to do much landscaping, though. I know our house pales in comparison to the neighbors. Fuck it. If we ever sell, I’ll landscape then.
• On Friday I played hoops for the first time in six months. We had only eight guys and I acquitted myself quite well, thank you very much.
• My weight shot up slightly. Please be muscle, please be muscle…
• The boys start summer school tomorrow. I considered taking them to Minneapolis this week but they’ll already miss summer school when they’re in hell, er, Chautauqua, so I decided to hold off until closer to September.
• I’m back reading Wind-Up Girl.
• The dogs have been fun lately. I’m not leaving them to hit Chautauqua. I’d love to take them with me.

Ok, that’s all for now. Have a lovely start of the week.

No comments: