Wednesday, April 08, 2009

I’m in the coffee shop, 8:47AM, just enough time for a quick note before I pack up and relieve M of two sick children so she can go to work. I woke near three, ran three miles, etc. then drove here at 7 to answer emails and grade.

Lately I’m tired. I’m trying to schedule a meeting with the dean to talk it through. Sometimes I wonder if I’ve been an administrator for too long; one of my great mentors told me, after twenty years as a principal, that he stayed in one position too long. I don’t want to fall into that trap. We’ll see. Maybe the long transition from winter into summer (I hesitate to called it spring here in Wisconsin) is getting to me.

For the moment I’m going to listen to Aimee Mann and watch the cars drive up and down Franklin, just for a minute or two. I see someone painted the fire hydrant black. Have a good day.

No comments: