Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I’m up early, very early, for the second day in a row. Well, actually, no, let me take that back, I was up late last night, as opposed to up early this morning. I’m not sure why I woke just before two and couldn’t get back to sleep. I needed the rest. Last night a significant storm rolled in at about eight. T crashed next to me, claiming he didn’t like thunder and lightning, although this was the first I heard of that potential fear. I didn’t mind. We chatted for a while before falling asleep. I woke for no apparent reason, a few hours later, and couldn’t get back to sleep. I considered going into work very early, but I opted against that plan, hoping I would fall asleep again by three or four. No dice. Another huge storm is due, well, right this minute, actually, according to the weather report. I can see lightning from the west as I write. Maybe I’ll stand on the front porch and watch a bit.
Ok, five bullet post:

1. I want to buy a sleeping bag. I realize a sleeping bag is a somewhat frivolous purchase, as I have not camped since I dropped acid at a Grateful Dead concert in I’m going to say 1988 or so. I could use the sleeping bag on the front porch, though, in the summer. They’re not that expensive. We’ll see.


2. I’m still cruising along with Murakami’s “Wind-Up Bird Chronicle”. This might be one of the most important books I’ve ever read. I worked through a remarkable passage last night that equated the main character’s sitting in the well with going deeper inside his soul. Brilliant.

3. I’ve jogged the last three days, just through the alleys and sidewalks in the immediate neighborhood. I don’t go fast or particularly far, and I’m only out for about thirty minutes, but the exercise has been beneficial. I run a bit and jog a bit, run a bit and jog a bit, rotating the downhill route east and the uphill route west. I thought about jogging this morning, but I’m taking the day off due to rain and exhaustion.

4. I’ve been listening to Camera Obscura, Sparklehorse, and Magnetic Fields. I also downloaded some Cardigans last night.

5. Huge thunder…better turn off the computer. More later.

No comments: