Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I’m restless, a little after nine, and if I hadn’t eaten a while back I’d go for a run. I also mean to play basketball in the morning, so I suppose a run wouldn’t be a great idea with that in mind, either, but I’m still restless. Maybe I’ll watch a movie.
The last few days have been ok, I guess. Yesterday the weather was beautiful if almost too hot. I spent the morning mulching and weeding along the side of the house, then over near the fence where the grass bushes are, then in the back where the ants ate the hostas last year. The earth felt clean in my hands. After a shower I drove into work for an afternoon of answering emails and working through student concerns. I didn’t arrive home until after six. The boys and I hung out for a while. They had a hard time falling asleep, since the air was so warm, so I hung out in their room and chatted until they crashed. I was in the mood for a beer, so I sat on the back porch, watching the wind move through the trees and checking out the stars. One beer led to another, and six beers total later, I was very drunk. I stumbled to the couch, sleeping downstairs because I wanted to leave the windows open for the fresh air. At about five I crawled upstairs and slept until close to eight. The hangover wasn’t horrible, so after a shower I returned to mulching until the rain started. We received a much-needed solid rain.
Today was a bit of a weird day at work, providing me an opportunity to practice not caring about work. More later. I’m really too wired to write much right now.

No comments: