Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A bit past ten, probably a good time for a post. Today was ok. I played hoops in the morning, just made it on time, after taking some melatonin (more on that later) last night and struggling to wake this morning. After hoops I stayed home and finished the action research chapter ones before M dropped off N at home. He sat on my lap while we watched "Diego" together. After that I drove to BD and finished my dissertation data collection, thank God, as I was starting to get bored of observing teachers. This teacher was great, in fact, all of them were excellent, but you can only do so much sitting and watching in addition to a full-time gig. After the observation I hit the office. I'm glad I went, I guess, as I was crazy busy until I left just after five. I was wired by then, not in a good way, and the highways were dark and dangerous. Apparently (I'm not kidding here) a truck spilled pigs' intestines all over the roadway on I-43 not long after I passed Good Hope Road. I didn't even bother going inside when I arrived home...S came out (looking unspeakably cute as he ran through the rain to get to the car) to the street, climbed in back seat, and chatted about his day while we drove to swimming lessons. We were slightly late, but I managed to read for about a half-hour. The lifeguard, a former student, ragged on S for climbing on a wall. She was in tough-teenager mode, I think. Later she commented about the good looking guys in the hot tub to one of her friends. Yes, that's what I want to hear from a lifeguard...way to pay attention, hon. Anyway, I was hungry and exhausted at that point, and poems started to surface in my mind. As soon as we reached home M left for a church meeting, so the boys and I watched "Curious George". I actually ate first and S decorated some cookies while T and N watched. We caught the second half, though. I liked what I saw. I also made the boys sit together on the couch because I worry that S is sometimes excluded from the mix. After the boys fell asleep I watched some of "Art School Confidential" until M arrived home. I checked the net (snow coming, I guess) and decided to write.

Ok, bullet posts before I read:

* Sometimes I read Borges' stories and I don't know what the hell they're about, but I like the stories anyway.

* I read this online article about melatonin that said depression can be a side effect. Now, if there's any side effect to which I'm pre-disposed, it's depression, and I haven't felt anything of the like after taking melatonin. In fact, I'm pretty damn giddy that I got a full night's sleep.

* Someday I will be able to shave without cutting up my goddamn face.

* I have two long days at work set up for tomorrow and Friday. Or maybe I'm just a wuss who complains when I have to stay in the office all the way until 5PM.

* I may be proactive and actually get my rear passenger tire replaced, my battery replaced, and my coolant flushed before winter arrives in earnest. Maybe I'll avoid roadside repairs this winter.

* My friend D's dad died yesterday. I haven't had to go to many (two) funerals in my life. I think I'm going to this one. I don't want to let D down. The conversation just before the death news arrived was interesting. More on that later.

No comments: