Sunday, April 10, 2011

S and his friend Phoenix are playing Halo while I write at the dining room table. The dogs are outside. M, N, and T are out shopping. The windows are open but we're in one of those spring stretches when you could gain twenty degrees driving ten miles west. Bleh. I think I'll close the skylight and take a bath soon.

Well, I'm slowly recovering but not better yet. Yesterday my throat and sinuses were so sore I gave up and visited the walk-in clinic. The doctor prescribed some high-power antibiotic and today I feel better but not all the way together. My teeth hurt, too, and I've down more Ibuprofin (sp?) in the last seven days than in the last seven years. Plus I still have maybe three or four oxycodone (sp?) remaining, but I'm saving those for the evenings.

Are you sick of my talking of illness? I am.

So what else is up? I've been re-reading Steinbeck's Travels With Charley. Last night M and I watched the rest of the first season one Modern Family disc. I also caught up on sleep. This morning I hit Alterra's for an hour or so. Oh, I also made cookies.

Tomorrow I might stay home from work. There isn't a pressing reason to drive into the office; I can do most of the work at home. I'll also save the seven buck commute necessitated by rising gas prices. But I'll get bored at home so maybe I'll go anyway. Or Tuesday. I could always hit the art museum Tuesday afternoon if I'm in the office all morning. What do you think?

Ok, time to make more tea and write a Demian review. S and Phoenix are laughing at Halo, saying “You killed my little bunny!” to the television screen and cracking themselves up. Life is good.

1 comment:

M. Heatherington said...

Anthony! What happened to you? Did you get hurt?